v0.3.11 - UI Effects
This is a fairly significant release in terms of overall polish to the game experience, yet only adds one group of features: Special Effects.
Previously, the only effects the game offered were a slight flash of red when an actor was damaged the prior turn and a pulsing effect on Logic Bombs that were about to explode.
Now, a whole slew of effects have been added:
- Damage numbers appear over injured game objects
- The red flash that would previously appear when an actor is damaged now applies to any type of object that is damaged
- When an object is explicitly missed, the word "Missed" will appear over it
- When 0 damage is done to an object (due to defense or targeting an invulnerable object), a 0 appears over the actor
- Command execution and active command activation and deactivation will render a small message
- Teleporting now paints both the new and old cells blue briefly to visualize the move
- Targeted attacks like Surge or Spike render a bolt from a small projectile
- When stability or operations are restored, a small text indicator is rendered
- Help text is rendered over the help tile
That's a pretty big list, however the polish on each individual effect isn't great yet and when a lot of different effects occur, text can tend to overlap. The former will be addressed once the application is ported to Unity, while I hope to institute a better message effect queuing system in the weeks ahead to increase the legibility of everything.
In the meantime, enjoy the effects.
Emergence (Web Edition)
An artificial intelligence Roguelike - Escape to the Internet or be destroyed
- v0.4.0 - Viruses / Corruption, Pickups, new Commands45 days ago
- v0.3.7 - v0.3.9 Released57 days ago
- v0.3.5 Released62 days ago
- v0.3.3 Released99 days ago
- v0.2.1 - Graphics ArriveFeb 22, 2018
- Migrating Devnotes to PatreonFeb 04, 2018
- Commands UnderwayFeb 03, 2018
- Rendering ImprovementsJan 30, 2018
- Milestone: Level Prototype CompletedJan 25, 2018
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.